Monday, November 8, 2010

Arrogant Mac users

I've installed Mac OS X on one of my PCs. I'm glad I did it successfully because this kind of Hackintosh requires strictly compatible hardwares. Then I started reading this dummy book for Mac OS X. I guess I cannot call myself a computer expert until I can use a Mac and a Linux PC.
But in this book I'm reading, I've found the way they look at PC users extremely wrong. In those old days when we were using Windows 3.1, Windows 95, 98 or Millennium, it was true that PCs crashed, lost response often because of the not-so-stable, not-so-strong core of the operating systems. But after so many years, since the advent of Windows NT, all major Windows releases like Windows 2000, XP, Vista and the most recent Windows 7 are stale operating systems. We're experiencing far less blue screens of death or crashes than before, not to say the fact that PCs have to deal with so many kinds of hardwares, much much more than Mac.
So if a Mac user still regards Windows as sloppy system, he is wrong.
The bottom line is: if you can do something on a Mac, we can do it on a PC too, and often more efficiently. And most of the time, we're using the programs, not the OS itself.

No comments: